Thursday, April 06, 2006

Information is POWER


As we relaxed watching Greys Anatomy after having a really nice dinner of Salmon and a cucumber salad. I started missing being in the medical field, atleast some times. I do miss being a part of someone's healing process. But I don't miss long hours, working so hard and specially working with Dr's with a big GOD complex. I do miss working with patients and the smell of medicine. I don't do well with death though. That's one of the reasons why I decided I didn't want to pursue this field. After my mother passed away, after having to be with her at the hospital day and night, trying so many things and nothing seemed work on her. Instead of helping her we actually saw how her body started to give up day by day. After experiencing that I didn't want to see another hospital ever again. It was hard for me to let her go and hard for me to see that medicine had no control over her body. .At the end her body didn't want to continue the fight, her body had actually given up.
She had a weak heart and slowly her heart just gave up, her fire burned out. Even her eyes lost that brilliance, and her smile disappeared.
Am I happy now? for now, I am. Though there are more struggles in our lives but over all happy...And aiming to live a healthy life. Trying to break free from "the family history" of illnesses. Trying to live a better life a much healthier life than my mother ever could. With all this information, am I powerful enough to break down those chains of unhealthy lifestyle?
I guess only time will tell....we don't have control in that area of our lives thats for sure. But if we can avoid many thing, who knows maybe the answers are there and we havent taken the time to find them. Maybe we just dont care, are you the type of person that takes everything as it comes. Without trying to change things or to improve them? It all depends on what your reaon of being happy is. WHAT ARE YOU LOOKING to get out of life? Is information Power?


2 Comments:

Blogger Maggie said...

I thought about this all day, having lost my mother to breast cancer early on. I think that knowledge is power, I like being proactive instead of reactive. Yes, I think people are strong enough to break the chains, if they so choose. Choosing is the big thing. They actually have to get out of their comfort zone and choose to do something.

2:37 PM  
Blogger Geeky Dragon Girl said...

maggie-I totally agree with you. We have to break the chains by choosing to be informed.

5:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home