Saturday, April 22, 2006

My Rooster Collection...gone wild!



So, I have a big collection of Roosters...all different colors, shapes and sizes. I see a rooster at any store I have to get it. Dragon has gotten to the point where she doesn't let me buy anymore if she is with me at the time. But I always manage a way to get it if I really like them.

I can't even tell you how many I have, my kitchen has roosters everywhere. Everywhere you look in the kitchen, you see a different rooster. But it doesn't look bad, trust me. See for yourself:


Many of you know we just bought our home. I have done most of the decorating myself and have been in control of what construction gets done. Why? Because I am very picky and very detail oriented.

We visited one of those home design stores, and I found the most beautiful painting of a rooster! The only problem was, that it wasn't the size I wanted. I searched for it online and wasn't able to find a bigger version of that painting. I was very dissapointed...then I thought, hey maybe I can paint it myself. What a great idea!

The only thing was how do I paint it in a bigger scale. One of my sisters is very talented, so I thought I could ask her.

Then I remembered that Dragon had a friend that was very talented. So, we asked her. It took them a while to finally make it to our house. But they did, and it took her 2 1/2 days to paint it. The end results were fabulous...I love it. It looked just like the painting...yay! Here it is, tell me what you guys think. Now if you can imagine, it's a 5-foot rooster painted in the seating area in my kitchen. It has it's own spot lighting. It looks like it belongs in a museum. Perfect!


12 Comments:

Blogger Geeky Dragon Girl said...

I will put up a fuss over buying more chickens, but you know I can't say no to you. You're too damn charming.

8:45 PM  
Blogger pack of 2 said...

LOL...OH dear god child!

I don't collect anything except an occasional power tool. I haven't bought that kind of stuff in forever though.

Shelly

9:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well...I could use a little more cock in my household, too.





OOOH, I SLAY myself with my wit.


P.S. That's a wonderful painting!

:D

3:23 AM  
Blogger mikster said...

Well...if ya have to have chicken in the house...the kitchen seemms to be the best place for it.

6:35 AM  
Blogger BlondeBlogger said...

Just dropping in to say hello....here by way of Kentucky Gurl!

10:03 AM  
Blogger Geeky Dragon Girl said...

Hehehe...I have more cock than I know what to do with!

3:31 PM  
Blogger Geeky Dragon Girl said...

A lesbian household filled with cocks... it's an abberation I tell ya.

3:49 PM  
Blogger Weekends Off said...

Man that is cool!
I love roosters too, when I have a house my kitchen will have roosters e v e r y w h e r e!

I love original art, you are so lucky to have talented friends and family!

12:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was going to say that you sure had an obsession w/ cocks....but, it looks like everyone else beat me to the punch. :)

7:05 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yay, Adena! Now I'm not last in line with the cock jokes. :)

12:27 PM  
Blogger Geeky Dragon Girl said...

I never said I was against cock...hehehehe. I had all those jokes coming didnt I?

Hey, maybe my subconscious is trying to tell me something...hmmmm?

Missing out on a "little" cock?

3:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, they DO make artificial ones that your honey can wield...no man need be involved.

Hehehe. :)

4:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home