Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Lady, you got some NERVE...


As many of you know, I work for a skincare company. I work in the customer care department/sales. I like working there a lot! I am really good in Sales and have really good customer care etiquette. I am always making my goals and have loyal customers. (Some even like my accent, imagine that. Some have commented that they like the tone of my voice and some have even gone ahead and said that I have a SEXY VOICE.)
And the reason is that I have very good listening skills. Which is very important in my line of work.
I actually went to nursing school and after working in that field I realize I really didn't like it. After my mom passed away I didn't want to see the inside of another hospital.

So, I went in to working as a customer service representative. And realized I was very good...I made all my sales goals and I love closing each sale.
When you are a good sales person, you have to believe in the product you sell. And for me our products are the top of the line. I not only sell it, but I test everything I sell. And that gives me the edge.

On the other hand I receive calls from people that shouldn't be allow to have credit cards. How in the world did you get a credit card...?
At work we have a very good policy. 60 day money back guarantee...even if the bottles are EMPTY. And believe me they take advantage of that. I don't know how our company makes money when we offer that and go beyond that to extend that guarantee. It doesn't matter if its an order that took place last year we still issue a refund on EMPTY bottles. I guess customer loyalty is more important.
Some people have the nerve to call and say; why did YOU send me another package when I didn't authorize YOU to get money out of my bank account. Oh that pisses me off...I wish I could tell them off.
First of all lady, read the fucking letter that comes with the product. The letter explains to you all about that if you buy the informercial "____" 30 day supply you are going to be enrolled in an AUTOSHIP program. READ the freaking letter people! "Oh I threw all the letters that came with the product." NO DUH. And you have the nerve to call me and ask me why I went into your bank account and take money from you. Didn't you get more product, what do you think, we're running a charity here?

Second of all, I did not go into your account and take money from you. So, do me a favor and lose the YOU shit. Its not me!
Now I have to admit, those are the BAD customers. And over all I have more good than bad.


11 Comments:

Blogger Geeky Dragon Girl said...

Ooh baby they're right... you DO have a sexy voice. And that accent... well, who doesn't love exotic flavors? You are one HOT latina woman!

8:42 PM  
Blogger Syd said...

Latina? Oh yea, you could sell me wool sweaters (i live in Mississippi) with that accent.

4:41 AM  
Blogger Zoe said...

I'm a sucker for accents(as long as it's not American). I'm sure you could totally charm me.

I would not ever be able to work as a sales person. I am far from what you'd call a people person.

6:15 AM  
Blogger mikster said...

I work in sales as well. I have a blast with customers. It's all about humor and listening.

7:12 AM  
Blogger Weekends Off said...

I suck at sales. You have to have a real knack for it and I just don't. I did OK when I had to suggest things as a waitress, but other than that I suck at sales.

I love accents....especially Spanish and French... I get all squirmy for the right accent LOL...

9:05 AM  
Blogger The Radical Notion said...

I love an accent! Spanish accents are the best.

I really suck at sales. I had a job once that was sales oriented and I sucked. But it could have been because I didn't stand behind the product like you said.

11:15 AM  
Blogger Geeky Dragon Girl said...

I am SO not a people person. I have never held a single sales job in my life. I'd rather be slaving in the back of a McDonald's than try to sell stuff.

12:20 PM  
Blogger cadbury_vw said...

people who don't read the letters irritate the heck out of me

people who don't stop to think or understand what is going on around them is a big part of the reason we end up with some of the governments we have

an awful lot of people operate from half-baked notions and impulse

2:02 PM  
Blogger Geeky Dragon Girl said...

Dragon-I can show you my many flavors anytime...

Syd-Yes, I am a Latina and proud of it. Love my harritage and my variety of my family's background.

Zoe-you have to be a people person and enjoy working with people. I love my job it's a new adventure every day. And people actually believe my bs!

Mike- we also have a blast. And we always have a comment about strange people we talk to. But I think I am a true sales person...(not like used car sales person)

di-I do have an accent, just enough to make it sound good. Not those accents that get you fustrated because you dont understand what the heck they are talking about...thank god!

Cadbury_vw- We live in a country where we have choices, but we hardly take advantage of that freedom. We follow the crowds...how sad.

7:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dang. I remember working in Customer Service. That's one job that I will NEVER ever do again. I haaaaaaaaaaaate dumbshit customers. This is why I am a good customer. :)

9:42 PM  
Blogger Geeky Dragon Girl said...

Kentucky girl-So, i take it it's not because of the freebies?

3:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home