Friday, April 14, 2006

Manolo Blanco...say what??


When Carrie Bradshaw, the shoe-loving central character of the HBO TV series Sex And The City, took a wrong turn after lunch in SoHo she found herself on one of New York’s grungier side streets and face-to-face with a mugger. “Please sir,” she pleaded. “You can take my Fendi baguette, you can take my ring and my watch, but don’t take my Manolo Blahniks.”

Last night we went out for drinks with a couple of friends and Dragon's boss. We were drinking having a really good time. All of a sudden, Dragon's boss starts talking about some lady in stilettos. I looked at Dragon...and on our way home, I turn to Dragon and said "I think your boss is GAY". And she looks at me, and ask why do you say that? He was talking about stilettos!
What "straight guy talks about stilettos. If they would have seen a girl on stilettos they wouldn't have remeber the shoes. They would most likely say; "did you see that sexy girl". In their minds what kind of shoe she was wearing wouldn't have matter. Atleast that's what I think.
Dragon said I don't think his gay...and this is the funny part. She said, a gay man would not have just said stilettos. He would of actually mention the brand, for example "Manolo Blancos". What the hell? Are you trying to say, "Manolo Blahniks??" It was so funny...because she was actually very serious. Oh lord she is really GAY! If I ever had any doubts in my mind, this cleared it up for sure. We started laughing so hard...all the way home.

But the question is still there, is he GAY? What do you guys think?


6 Comments:

Blogger Geeky Dragon Girl said...

What do I know about shoes? To me they're either comfortable or not comfortable. (Stilettos, by the way, are NOT.) I pulled that particular name out of my ass- uh, no, I mean out of the deep recesses of my Sex and the City memories.

Anyway, he mentioned these shoes because they were making indentations all over his boss's newly refinished hardwood floors. Plus he was in the Marines. I'm leaning towards straight, but I'm not 100% sure. Many of his hangout buddies are actually lesbians, heh.

5:15 PM  
Blogger Geeky Dragon Girl said...

I think I found it so funny because I was already "drunk".

5:18 PM  
Blogger Maggie said...

I love shoes. Love, love, love, love, love. Boots, stilletos, flats, FMPs, work boots, etc. I love them all!
But, I don't know about the boss. My hubby knows more about clothes than I do. Colors, etc. I tell him what I need the outfit for and he goes at it. Not bad for a firefighter. LOL

7:06 PM  
Blogger Geeky Dragon Girl said...

Maggie-Wow...hats off to your hubby! That is very rare, you are one of the lucky ones.

7:39 PM  
Blogger mikster said...

I wouldn't have the 1st clue about brand names for stillettos....does buster brown make 'em too?

7:24 AM  
Blogger Zoe said...

I need more info to make that kind of call. If you didn't know my friend Jack, many of the stories I could tell you about him would point to gay, but he is definitely not.
And I wouldn't be caught dead in a pair of stilettos. Well okay, maybe if I knew it would get me laid, but then I wouldn't be in them for very long.

9:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home