Wednesday, April 19, 2006

82yr. old woman gets ticket for slow crossing


LOS ANGELES— An 82-year-old woman received a $114 ticket for taking too long to cross a street. Mayvis Coyle said she began shuffling with her cane across Foothill Boulevard in the San Fernando Valley when the light was green, but was unable to make it to the other side before it turned red.
She said the motorcycle officer who ticketed her on Feb. 15 told her she was obstructing traffic.

Now, tell me what in the world is this officer thinking about? I couldn't believe when I read this article. Didn't he see her shuffling down the street? Instead of giving her a ticket he should of stop traffic for her. Doesn't this officer have better things to do than sit on his ass waiting for elderly people to walk by to give them a ticket. That just pisses me off! I am pretty sure she could fight this ticket and sue the city and get this idiot of the streets.
Instead of giving her a ticket, why not do some sort of report and make the city change the length of time the light stays green. I'm pretty sure she didn't have time because the light is too quick to change. Try to figure out how to accommodate elderly people!

If I was that lady, I would of hit him with my cane....get the hell away from me, you Nazi bastard!

Los Angeles police Sgt. Mike Zaboski of the Valley Traffic Division said police are cracking down on people who improperly cross streets because pedestrian accidents are above normal. He said he could not comment on Coyle's ticket other than to say that it is her word against that of the citing officer, identified only as Officer Kelly


4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a freako! I can understand ticketing the damn people who are all piddleassing around in the crosswalk. These people I'd like to run down. I used to honk at them but once a gun was drawn so I don't honk as much. LOL

9:39 PM  
Blogger Unbalanced said...

That is terrible. As if she had any control over how fast her poor 82 year old legs could take her. How else do they expect her to cross the street?

4:41 AM  
Blogger Geeky Dragon Girl said...

Yeah, and from what I understand, he just sat there waiting. Was he really that far behind on his damn ticket quota?

8:47 AM  
Blogger Geeky Dragon Girl said...

She was probably moving as fast as she could....!

3:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home