Monday, April 24, 2006

Pain the Price of Beauty!

This is not me...just in case you were wondering. I am more sexy! :)


One of the perks to work where I work is that we get discounts on treatments and products. Yay, so happy for that! Now in our medical facility we have Laser Hair removal. I was so happy for that. I am so tired of having to wax my upper lip, eye brows etc. etc. etc. Today I had an appointment at lunch time to have my upper lip and chin lasered...yikes. I got a little scared when the nurse put a numbing cream on the areas she was going to be working on. Silly me I asked her, does it hurt? She looked at me like are you stupid or something. She said why do you think I am putting the numbing cream...? Oh yeah heh.

She said I will be back in 15 minutes. As I sat there I had all these thoughts come to my head. Women go through so much to look good! We go through so many painful experiences...for example plucking!
She comes back my upper lip felt like I had been to the dentist, or had been kissing for hours...hehehe. Those suckers were numb for sure.
She took me to another room and tells me to lay down on this operating looking bed with a big light over my face. Okay, I am worried now. What did I get myself into? Shit!
She pulls this hose that blows very cold almost freezing air. She said that aire is going to help you numb the area even more. FUCK how much numbing did I need? Oh hell this is going to be painful...!

She spread this jelly like thing over my upper lip and chin...and turns on the mechine. "okay get ready" here I go. And she starts, at first I didn't feel a thing so I get relaxed. Then she said put your tongue at the top of your upper lip as I go over it. Oh great as if I have control of my tongue (another subject, I have to share with you guys) Then all of a sudden FUCK like little needles were being pushed into my lip. Fuck it hurts! She said don't move (with her relaxed voice) yeah easy for you to say.
No fucking cold air, no fucking numbing cream worked...this hurts.
At the end even a few tears had escape my eyes and all my mascara and eye shadow was running as my tears were rolling. I wasn't crying per say. But it was the kind of tears that suddenly come out when you pluck your eye brows.

Well, the end results...it's smooth. I don't have a single hair. The down side is that I have to go to atleast 4-5 sessions. Great more pain!
But as painful as it was I am going to go to all the sessions...go figure.

The price we pay to look beautiful!


13 Comments:

Blogger mikster said...

Well...I'm convinced that this is something I'd shun...but probably just as well huh?

8:52 PM  
Blogger Geeky Dragon Girl said...

What are you talking about Mike, I thought you were a masochist? ;)

Oh yeah, and Mar's lips really are ten thousand times sexier those those in the picture.

8:53 PM  
Blogger Geeky Dragon Girl said...

oh...come on if I go to those sessions...i guess its not all that bad. Hmmmm...like hell!

9:01 PM  
Blogger Geeky Dragon Girl said...

hailey-it's all worth it!

9:02 PM  
Blogger Geeky Dragon Girl said...

Now if I said it was painful, most people could probably take it because I'm a whiner. But if SHE says it was painful, it must hurt like hell because she's much more tolerant to pain.

9:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

To hell with all of that, I say. You're all beautiful just the way you are.

10:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have sympathy pains! I have sympathy pains! OW! I can't even pluck my eyebrows with tweezers. If they aren't waxed, they just don't get done. I cannot imagine the procedure you just described. I cannot think on it. *puts fingers in ears*

11:26 PM  
Blogger Zoe said...

OUCH, no way!

6:20 AM  
Blogger Freebird said...

QUESTION: Is it really permanent? Hell, it should be after all that pain!

I've looked into it for myself, but I was told on the phone that they're not allowed to say it's permant. What gives? Oh yeah, and then people at electrolysis place they only electrolysis is permant not laser hair removal. WTF?! I'm confused.

7:11 AM  
Blogger Freebird said...

BTW, stumbled across your blog over the weekend and have been enjoying it.

7:12 AM  
Blogger Weekends Off said...

Oh my gawd I had no idea laser hair removal involved little needles!!

I was going to get my bikini area done...

Not now, I'll stick to waxing...that'a pain I am used to!!!!

9:19 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ouch!!!!....i love the roosters though....is the one in the itchen able to look someone in the eye when you are eating? my grandma had a deerhead in the spare bedroom where i stayed when i stayed there...i swear that deer was looking at me sometimes.....

11:10 AM  
Blogger Geeky Dragon Girl said...

Joe- am pretty sure you would like your girl with more hair than you! Hehehe...I just don't think hair is sexy.

Kentucky girl- you are too funny.

Zoe- as much as it hurts,I am willing to go back. I think it was more my nerves...but now that I know I will be prepared.

Freebird- she told me it was. But you have to go and get every hair waves and snap those suckers up. It better be permanent...!
Thanks for reading my blog. :)

di- No, it doesnt involved needles.
When the laser penetrates the hair follicule it feels like little needles.

allen- yes the rooster does look like he is staring back at you. Hell, it even talks to me after I smoked pot...just kidding! heh

3:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home