Thursday, April 27, 2006

What Band am I talking about?

On today's post I will ask you to try to identify my favorite band...I will give you hits and phrases about the bands members, singer, recordings etc etc. Try to guess what band I am referring to before tomorrows post. On tomorrow's post I will reveal the name of the band

Wanna play? Here goes...


"He's able to perform open-heart surgery and zap people with a bit of brain surgery at the same time."


"I'm very secure with the fact that I'm not black. I'm white, pink and rosy. But I've got soul."


"When a politician meets me, it's really our audience that he's afraid of."


"It was a very odd time - I used to leave stage, immediately get on a plane home and get in to Dublin. I slept beside my father with the sound of the audience ringing in my ears during his dying days."


"Ghandi on percussion, Martin Luther King on Bass, Guitar would be Isaac Newton, Keyboards
Beethoven, Vocals Jesus Christ."


"I was jumping up and down. The president deserves a lot of credit for that. He really stuck his neck out. He was right, it's important the people know at this time what America is for as well as what America's against."


"I could never be a politician because I think I'm too selfish, and I think I like to have fun: the right to be irresponsible is a right I hold dear."


"We wanted every song on this album to be a single and went at it like that -- make it like a Beatles album, not try to be the heaviest or the funkiest, or the grooviest. Just to have the best tunes."

Names the group went by
1- Feedback 1976
2-The Hype
3-____ 1978

The band's big break came at a talent show in Limerick

In September, 1979, _____ released its first single

Their first international contract in March, 1980

The name of their first album had only "3 letters" songs included with subjects like faith, spirituality, and death

They release their third CD in 1983 and includes many of my favorite songs.

Okay I think those are enough clues...so, put your thinking caps on and lets guess.


5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Is it U2?

6:03 AM  
Blogger Maggie said...

U2!!

7:04 AM  
Blogger Zoe said...

My guess would be U2.

7:11 AM  
Blogger mikster said...

Everyone has guessed my guess. That'll teach me to blog hop as infrequently as I have been I guess.

7:44 AM  
Blogger Geeky Dragon Girl said...

CONGRATULATIONS!! You are officially U2 fans! :)

5:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home