Friday, April 28, 2006

You're FIRED!


At work we have a pretty nice group of people. We all get along with everyone, we joke around with each other and have fun. I can say most of us are young and I guess that makes it a cool place to work.

There was girl she was about 27 she acted like she just turned 21. She came from every weekend talking about how drunk she had gotten during the weekend and that she wasn't ready to come on a Monday morning and work. She was loud, very high strung...but was a nice girl. She had managed to become buddies with one of my supervisors. Man that girl slacked on her work so much. I guess she thought that being buddies with a supervisor was going to keep her there for a long time. I know she milked it as much as she could.

She would come in anytime she wanted, she wouldn't meet her sales quota, she hardly did anything. One thing she did very well was run her mouth...on top of that she had a really annoying laught. Damn and everything made her laugh...that would aggravate the hell out of me.

I can't believe how lenient my boss is, she will give you time to clean your act. But she had about enough today. I sit one cubicle away from "slacker girl."
This morning before we had our weekly meeting my manager came to her desk and told her "I want to talk to you, please follow me." Now, when my manager comes to you and asks you to follow her because she needs to talk to you. That means the end of your road.

My manager never comes to you unless it's really serious. She prefers to email or call you on the phone. So, when I saw that she had called her into her office, my stomach sank. I didn't hate "slacker girl" at all.
She was fun to go out with. And we had gone to many parties together, I had also invited her to some of my house parties. And she was liked...by people she met. So, when she went to the meeting with my manager I knew she was going to be fired.

All of us went into our weekly meeting and when we came back..."slacker girl" was gone. Slacker girl was FIRED!

I felt sad for her, but I don't think she felt happy there...she complained about every task. Now, she is one of those out there jobless...was that what she really wanted all along?

You're FIRED, have a nice weekend!


5 Comments:

Blogger Geeky Dragon Girl said...

I think she was just waiting to get fired so she could collect unemployment. You don't get that if you quit.

6:42 PM  
Blogger Geeky Dragon Girl said...

True...so true!

6:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

They always fire people when everyone else is either out of the office, or in a meeting. Have you ever noticed that? It's like they're making sure the person getting fired doesn't go postal and take out their entire staff.

8:30 PM  
Blogger mikster said...

Well...I guess that solved her not wanting to work on Mondays problem.

Did she still live at home with her parents? That might explain a part of the reason she didn't take work seriously...she didn't have a lot of living expenses if this was the case.

6:27 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Adena-that's a good point.

Mike- Yes, she still lives at home with the parents. No wonder...

9:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home