Thursday, July 06, 2006

Coffee Shop!


I have always wanted to open my own coffee shop. So, today I emailed Dragon and told her "I want a baby, and since I can not have babies. I asked Dragon to give me a baby. Her reply was; instead of a baby how about a coffee shop? She knew that by saying that my attention and my wanting to have a baby would automatically stop. Because opening a coffee shop has been my long time dream.

So, later on today I email her again and ask her so, where's my coffee shop? You promise to get me one...! We both started laughing so hard.

When she got home, she had done some research on some of the things I need to know about becoming an owner of a coffee shop. And it's not easy! But then again, what is? If you want something so bad that you can almost taste it. Why not do whatever it takes and go after your dreams? Easy right? Nothing comes easy, everything has it's struggles and sacrifices.
I know I have the passion and dedication to be an owner of my business. And I know I will do it sooner or later. Now all I have to do is do as much research as I can about becoming an owner of a coffee shop and the steps I need to take. Also, maybe find a part time job in a coffee house get myself in the smell, taste, get my hands dirty. In other words go and learn everything I can, see if that is what I really want to do.

When Dragon came home and was reading to me the research she had done. I told her come I am taking you out on a date. And we drove to a coffee shop called "Panera" bread. A coffee shop I had been interested in visiting, but never made time until today.
The atmosphere was great, liked that they not only served coffee but a variety of sandwiches. They bake their own variety of breads. An in house bakery. As soon as you walk in the smell of freshly baked bread wraps you.
We talked about a few changes I would do if I were to own a place like that...and kept dreaming.

Some day, some day...


5 Comments:

Blogger Maggie said...

I love coffee shops! I drag my favorite books in and sit in their comfy chairs and I'm in heaven. Absolute heaven.
My favorite is in Charleston, SC!

9:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

We need Dragon's perspective on that e-mail exchange. I get this subtle vibe that the idea terrifies her.

Although I could be, and probably am, completely full of shit.

11:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Er, the baby idea I should have said.

11:48 PM  
Blogger Geeky Dragon Girl said...

Heh, Joe you are right on the money. Ever since I was a wee lil tyke I knew I did NOT want to have kids. Whatever the opposite of a mothering instinct is, that's what I have.

So anyway, about that email exchange... I think I'll write a post about it. Otherwise my comment would get a bit long here.

10:48 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Starbucks. I guarantee you, after a year working there (even part-time) you'll know all you need to run your own coffeeshop. There are a lot of bad things about Starbucks but it's undeniable that their training modules are tops!

12:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home