Saturday, July 22, 2006

Friends...

I have a co-worker that has always felt threatened by me. When I got there she was the one that basically taught me how certain projects were done. And from there I took off... I am self taught and have my personal goals. In our department we all have our "sales" goals. I love closing sales and making my goal, but I am not satisfied with simply reaching that goal. I like to go over what is expected of me, in addition to having my other obligations taken care of. So, the call me the "Star Employee" because I love to be on the spot light. That's who I am and have always been that way.

I remember at school, I got A's but that wasn't enough I had to be involved in clubs and be the school Pricipal's assistant. I have always surpassed everyone's expectations and I love pushing myself harder.

Well, this co-worker all of a sudden invented this rumor about me. I have no clue what it was but she managed to get the attention of some people. She and I are from the same country and being from there I immediately felt drawn to her. So, we started out (so I thought) being buddies.

But then her envy took over and she couldn't handle that I was being innovative and doing extra things. I totally ignored what she had done, and people soon enough saw through her. She was moved from her cubicle to be in front of the managers office, so that she could control her better. They told me that they were happy that I didn't take anything she said personally. Why would I take lies personal? The truth sooner than later came out she is not liked by a lot of people.

Now, she wants to be my friend... I told her the following: I offered you my true friendship and you turned around and talked bad about me. I will continue to talk to you and act as if nothing has happened. My friend you will never be. I respect you because we work together. If I see you outside of work, I don't know you.

You see I offered her my true friendship and her envious heart made her blind. Now she tries and tries hard to make things better... But we only have ONE chance to make a first impression.


9 Comments:

Blogger Unbalanced said...

Being slanderous is defintely one thing I can not tolerate. Good for you for standing up for yourself but not giving it more importance than it deserved.

8:17 AM  
Blogger pack of 2 said...

I totally agree.

Shelly

9:41 PM  
Blogger mikster said...

Good for you. Don't you just hate two-faced people.

4:39 AM  
Blogger Donna said...

Yup. Give everyone an equal chance to be a friend, but when they do you wrong somehow that's it. Good way to be for sure. And I am sorry that she started that crap with you. Bad people suck.

6:42 AM  
Blogger Just a girl said...

Hey Mar,
What a strong, valid point we sometimes don't realise. Thanks for reinforcing that in my mind. :) Keep up the great blogging!

11:45 PM  
Blogger Weekends Off said...

You definately did the right thing the right way. You showed yourself to be a classy lady who is above that type of petty behavior! Good job!

12:03 PM  
Blogger The Radical Notion said...

Sounds like one of those toxic people who just loves to make trouble. I would steer clear of her.

7:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looking for information and found it at this great site... Free nokia 8265 ringtones california phone answering service Laser hair removal facial skin bleaching answering free internet phone service Vardenafil hydrochloride with no prescription goodys air conditioner fixafaucetcom offers solutions to faucet repair problems george may oral surgery jackson ms penis test movies Garbage band bath tub Order valtrex overnight shipping New york state commercial insurance Motorola ringtones usa

6:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have been looking for sites like this for a long time. Thank you! »

4:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home