Wednesday, January 10, 2007

The journey of lesbian self discovery...Part 2

Love the post Dragon! What I am about to say I know most lesbians out there are going to be against it. But this is what I think. I don't consider myself "gay", I don't consider myself "bi-sexual" either. For the most part of my life I had boyfriends and I loved them. I met Dragon when I was in between boyfriends. I was curious about being with a woman, I wondered what it would be like to be with a woman...But it was just a sexual curiosity. I wasn't thinking of starting a relationship with a woman. The thought of being sexual with a woman just took my curiosity to the next level, and I had to explore it! I met Dragon thinking it was going to be something fun and exciting, but it never crossed my mind to start anything serious. The reality is, I fell in love with her and everything seemed to fit perfectly. I enjoyed her company, I was attracted to her and I wanted more and more of those feelings as time went by. So, being with her just became natural. I never thought I would be giving up men. In fact I still feel an attraction for men. But it's never to the point where I would considers leaving Dragon for those feelings. I met her and instantly I had found my soul mate. And I know we will always be together. Because what she and I have is very rare, almost impossible to find. I would be crazy to leave her.

My question now is...Being "gay" is that really something in your DNA or is it influenced by the media etc. For instance Dragon never thought of herself as being gay until she started to explore the internet. Though she said she was never inclined to using make up or being with a man. But she had a boyfriend, and she was in love with him. If he wouldn't have been such a careless jerk, I think she would still be with him.

I don't like labeling myself because I don't consider myself a "lesbian". I am not attracted to every single woman that walks by. NO, that's not me. I am and have only been attracted to one and yes, that is Dragon. So, do you choose to be gay? Or does being in love matter if you are gay or not gay...But just finding that "special person" is the key?

I don't know the answer myself, though reading Dragon's post made me think of my own questions and made me think of my life as a person in love with a woman. But not a lesbian, but just a person who loves a woman.


5 Comments:

Blogger Geeky Dragon Girl said...

I don't think anyone chooses to be gay any more than anyone chooses who they love. It just happens. Labels are more for helping other people understand you. In the end, it's all about the person you love, regardless of gender.

5:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am not a lesbian, but I think that if everyone was as happy with who they are as you and Dragon, the world would be a much more loving and tranquil place. And I agree that love surpasses the issues of gender - you love somebody, that's all there is to it.

Thanks for this wonderful post.

1:27 AM  
Blogger Geeky Dragon Girl said...

I agree! Everyone sing along with me now, "All you need is love..." *trumpets* "All you need is love!"

7:59 AM  
Blogger Zoe said...

I do think it is biological, be it genetics or hormone levels in the womb. I think the media makes it a little easier to accept your self and act on being gay, but I don't think it could ever make anyone gay. If the media was that big of a factor we'd all be straight.

I just am who I am, and I love who I love. I finally started calling myself a lesbian for other peoples sake, but I don't define myself or limit myself that way in my own mind. If BP were not in the picture, I would most likely end up with another women, but I would not limit my dating pool to just women.

8:13 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

7:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home